Privacy and Cookies Policy
Privacy and Cookies Policy Vitality Plus Llp.
Registered Office: 7 Market Chambers, Market Place, Ramsbottom, Lancashire. BL0 9AJ
Data protection contact:Tracey Worrall - email@example.com
Last updated: May 2018Here at Vitality Plus we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services that you have requested from us.
We are committed to protecting your and your family’s personal information when you are using any of our services. The Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
· Vitality Plus Website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
· Social media or official Vitality Plus content on other websites
· Mobile devices
· Therapy services
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
Vitality Plus works hard to safeguard your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information including the current Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations introduced in May 2018.
In order to provide you with a full range of products and services, we sometimes need to collect information about you. You can trust us with your information – we have created this policy to help you understand what data we collect, how we collect it, what we disclose and how we use, store and transfer it.
Our Privacy Commitments:
· For as long as we keep your data we will work with you to keep it up to date and we will protect it with the appropriate security and safety measures
· We will be as transparent as we can with you on what personal data we collect, how we use it and how it will be processed
Remember you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your privacy preferences. If you have any questions at all about our privacy or cookies policy you can contact us at email@example.com
These policies apply to:
· All visitors to our website
· All clients who use our products or services
Who we are:
Vitality Plus Llp is a private multidisciplinary healthcare provider, established in 2009. We have a number of skilled therapists, who work closely together in order to achieve the best possible results for our clients’ condition. We are professional, modern and evidence-based practice and our integrated team mean we work with you and our colleagues with a holistic approach to get you better, quicker.
The products and services we offer includes:
· Herbal medicine
· Nutritional therapy
1.1 Compliance with Regulatory Authorities:We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who has made the complaint to follow up. We will also work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data. As a Data Controller who is processing personal information and who meets certain criteria, we are registered with the ICO.
2.0 Compliance with Data Protection:2.1 What information we collect about you:We collect information to provide better products and services to all our service users. We collect information in the following ways:
· The information you give to us: Many of our services require you to provide us with personal information as part of our client registration, appointment booking or marketing processes. When you sign up to receive any of our products or services we will ask you for information such as your name, email address, residential address or telephone number.
· The Information we get from your use of our services: We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our clinic or visit our website.
The types of personal information we use may include:
· Personal details such as names, addresses, telephone numbers
· Family details for example next of kin
· Education, training
· GP details
· Employment details
· Financial details
· Services, for example, details of services accessed or offered by providers
· Lifestyle and social circumstances
· Physical and/or mental health details
· Details held in the client’s records, where we hold or manage the clients’ records
· Responses to surveys, where individuals have responded to surveys sent by Vitality Plus
Our legal basis for collecting and processing this data is because you have either given us consent to process this data as part of the provision to you of the services purchased by you or because the processing of your data is necessary for a contract we have with you. All sensitive data (health data) is held in hand written records only, stored in a locked cabinet in a locked room, accessed only by therapists and employees of Vitality Plus.
2.1.1 Personal information from you about others:Through your use of our services, we may also collect information from you about someone else, such as friend referrals. If you provide Vitality Plus with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to Vitality Plus and that, without Vitality Plus taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy law, Vitality Plus may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that you must take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, Vitality Plus’ identify, and how to contact Vitality Plus.
Where requested to do so by Vitality Plus, you must also assist Vitality Plus. Registered Office: 7 Market Chambers, Market Place, Ramsbottom, Lancashire. BL0 9AJ
2.2 How we use the information we collect about you:Your information may be used to:
· Check and report internally how effective Vitality Plus and the products and services we offer has been
· Investigate complaints, legal claims or important incidents
· Make sure Vitality Plus continues to meet our clients’ needs both now and in the future
· Review the care provided to make sure that this continues to be of the highest possible standard
· Manage specialised services that Vitality Plus provides through third parties
Tracey Worrall is a Data Controller for Vitality Plus.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2.1 Sharing your information:There are a number of reasons why we may share your information. This can be due to:
· Our obligations to comply with current legislation
· Our duty to comply with a Court Order
· You have consented to disclose
4.0 Information Security:We are committed to protecting Vitality Plus and our service users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. We do this through:
· We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
· We restrict access to personal information to Vitality Plus employees and therapists who need to know the information in order to provide products and services.
Information provided in confidence will only be used for the purpose advised and consented to by the service user, unless it is required or permitted by the law.
5.0 Accessing Vitality Plus Website from outside the UK:Vitality Plus Website is published in the UK by Weebly.com. All personal information submitted by users outside the UK will be processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
6.0 Transparency and choice:People have varying privacy concerns and our goal is to be as clear and transparent as possible with regards to the information we collect so that you can make choices about how this is used. You can:
· Adjust/update your preferences with regards to how we market our products and services to you by contacting email@example.com
· Set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us
If you are outside the UK, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send a letter to Tracey Worrall, Vitality Plus, 7 Market Chambers, Market Place, Ramsbottom, Lancashire. BL0 9AJ
9.0 Resources and Further Information
· Data Protection Act 1998
· General Data Protection Regulation (May 2018)
· Information Commissioner’s Office
· Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide